The Best Way to Resolve a Timeshare Complaint

Resolving a timeshare complaint does not have to be a lengthy and exhausting process! If you need assistance on a matter involving a VOASA member – help is close at hand in the form of the Independent Timeshare Complaints Service or ITCS.

The ITCS provides an effective mediation role between consumers and VOASA accredited members  that includes resorts, holiday clubs, exchange companies, marketers and brokers, management companies and developers,  etc.

Last year the ITCS successfully resolved 88% of its complaints within the stipulated 15 business day period and 12% of unresolved disputes were referred to the Consumer Goods and Services Ombudsman.

And it doesn’t end there.

VOASA, which is the trade association for the timeshare industry, is in regular communication with the Consumer Goods and Services Ombudsman to further assist where necessary on reaching a resolution on complaints that have been referred to the Ombud.

Before following the steps below to lodge a complaint with the ITCS, you must have first attempted to resolve the dispute directly with the company and the matter must not be under investigation by another dispute-resolving body or Ombud Scheme or subject to legal action.


Step 1:  Visit the VOASA website at and complete the online form under the Complaint Mediation Service.

Step 2: Once all the information has been received, a reference number will be allocated to you and the complaint will be forwarded to the VOASA member company.

Step 3:  The company will then have 15 business days to resolve the matter and confirm with the ITCS that a resolution has been reached.

Step 4: The ITCS will then confirm with you that the matter has been resolved to your satisfaction.

Step 5:  If no resolution can be reached, you will be advised by the ITCS to escalate the complaint to the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud or an applicable regulator.


The ITCS is free of charge and only applies to complaints involving VOASA’s members. If you are unsure if the company you wish to register a complaint or inquiry about is a member, you can check the member database at